Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Search bar / search products.

Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:19 AM
gavintfn

3 posts · Mar 2011
Search bar / search products.

Ok, I was hoping someone could help me.... Initially, I know what a couple people are going to say: I should have searched the forums... But if you read the whole post, you'll see that this is a unique problem....
2nd. I know that the search box, is to search pages..not products...but there is a little more to it..
That being said, if someone could help with this, I would appreciate it.

The atahualpa search form, is in my header, I have styled it to be a large search box, about 400px x 100 px. center of the page, with large text. similar to the search box on Price grabber dot com. I would like to keep some form of a search box at the top of the page for aesthetic reasons.

The "wp ecommerce product search" widget is on the left side of the page. I would prefer to get rid of this, and only keep the top. But, the search bar at the top, only returns my top level categories for products, and does not include styling. Only a list of products, under the categories... in text format. No pics, no divs...etc.

I would be ok with putting the widget for the "wp ecommerce search" at the top of the page, in the header. But i do not know the best way to do that...I am good with css and html, but pretty much suck at PHP... so I can style it correctly if can get it there.

I guess my question is, Which would be simpler to accomplish, getting the atahaulpa search to find products, or moving the "wp ecommerce search"? or is there some other solution?

If someone has already written the code for the atahualpa search to search products, I would greatly appreciate being able to use it... or any other suggestion will be appreciated as well.

I read replies and solutions on this forum all the time, and I know there are some really talented and helpful people here... And I usually find an answer to my problems... this one is just killing me though...lol..
so any wordpress gods... please, feel free to help a very slow paced up-and-comer...lol.

Thanks again, If you need to see what I am talking about, I can post code, or direct you to the site.
Thanks again.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:47 PM
gavintfn

3 posts · Mar 2011
On a side note.... congrats on the super fast indexing of Bytesforall.com... not 30 mins after I posted it, and this post was ranked number one in google for search term " atahualpa search products wordpress"

try it : http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...c7b1769f792670

Thanks again guys!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
not knowing the site, I'd suggest adding a new widget area to the header and then move the wp ecommerce search" widget from the sidebar widget area to the new header widget area.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:53 PM
gavintfn

3 posts · Mar 2011
Thanks for the last piece of advice, it was the last resort, which brings me to this problem:

Ok, so added the new widget area. But im having problems styling it. It is attached to a table, not a div. Which is killing me, and it seems as though the width/height is determined a php code tat calls the length, but not the height... I tried adding height to the line, no luck, I tried changing the font-size in the table... no luck...

see
wp-e-commerce-product-search-widget/wp-e-commerce-product-search-widget.php
under plugin editor....

Im lost...
Old Mar 18, 2011, 02:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you set the widget width when you defined it? it's one of the options