Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Slideshow Cutting Off Images

Old Sep 21, 2013, 09:52 AM
PainFreeComputing

20 posts · Dec 2009
[SOLVED] Slideshow Cutting Off Images

I'm currently TRYING to use the NextGEN Gallery to insert a slideshow into a page. I'd post this issue on the NextGEN Gallery support forum, but they're obviously having serious problems over there. Nothing is getting answers, there are so many posts. So, here goes.

Like the Subject says, the Gallery is the NextGEN Gallery by Photocrati. However, I had similar issues with the Slideshow and the SliceShow plugins. So I'm thinking the problem may indeed be in Atahualpa (ouch!).

Problem: Images are cut of at the bottom, and the container even resizes for the truncated images. It's somewhat random, some display normally, others get truncated and the container resizes to fit. I can't detect a pattern. Same issue in multiple browsers.

What I did to troubleshoot:
  1. Tried other display options in NextGEN (different effects--fade, slide, etc.). Using the Flash slideshow is NOT an option for my site.
  2. Disabled ALL other plugins.
  3. Replaced NextGEN Gallery with Slideshow and then SliceShow--had similar issues.
  4. Re-activated NextGEN Gallery and ALL other plugins that I needed, but changed theme to Twenty-Thirteen theme, and the problem disappears completely.

I'm left to conclude that there's a conflict between Atahualpa and the NextGEN gallery (as well as some similar plugins).

Any help would surely be appreciated.

Thanks.
Jack

Last edited by PainFreeComputing; Sep 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Added email subscription.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Version of atahualpa and wp?
What is the ulr of a page displaying the issue?
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:06 PM
PainFreeComputing

20 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Version of atahualpa and wp?
What is the ulr of a page displaying the issue?
Atahualpa 3.7.12
WP 3.6.1
http://test.culinarymgmnt.com/faulkner/cafesiena

Something is even keeping the page from rendering completely.

Jack

Last edited by PainFreeComputing; Sep 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Edited to add version info as requested.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
everything looks fine to me. what isn't rendering?

btw this image gets a not-found
HTML Code:
http://test.culinarymgmnt.com/faulkner/wp-content/CMS-images/images/background.gif
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:51 PM
PainFreeComputing

20 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
everything looks fine to me. what isn't rendering?
I guess I'll take a look from another computer. Thanks.
Quote:
btw this image gets a not-found
HTML Code:
http://test.culinarymgmnt.com/faulkner/wp-content/CMS-images/images/background.gif
Now I have a DIFFERENT issue, but I do see a pattern and it may be a consequence of the URL rewriting that I'm doing. Did you happen to browse any other pages? The /faulkner in the background image URL only appears on pages that have /faulkner in their URLs. All pages at the server root directory level have the correct background image. Pages that appear (due to URL rewriting) at a second-level (like /faulkner) have a broken URL for the background image, and I suspect other custom images.

I suspect I could work around this be changing the "/" characters in the URLs to something else, but I was hoping to use the URLs as they already are.

Is that clear as mud? Got any input for me?

Thanks.
Jack
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You're right, clear as mud. Where are you doing the rewrite and why?
What happens if you don't do the rewrite?