Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Can't seem to get the header height to work

Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:24 PM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
I've gone into the 'header image' tab and changes the height to 250, which is the height of my banner. But the size doesn't seem to change and my banner is getting cut off at the bottom. If you look, you'll see that only two lines of text are showing. There's actually supposed to be four lines of text. Two lines are getting truncated.

Can you help? Here is a link to my site: http://jonathanstein.org/

Thanks!

Last edited by lmilesw; Oct 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In the code I see the image height as 150px.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 02:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what do you have defined at ato->Header Image->Header Image: Height?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:02 PM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
250. But it's not showing the whole banner. The banner has a height of 250. Curious thing, it is.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:10 PM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
In the code I see the image height as 150px.
If I look at the page source on my site, it looks like its set at 150. You're right. Why would that be. In the Atahualpa Head Image>Header Height I changed it to 250. That should have done it, right?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:46 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Yes, that should change the height. Do you have any caching plugins installed?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 02:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
1) what version of Atahualpa?
2) Have you made any changes to the theme code?
3) when you change 'ATO->Header Image->Header Image: Height' to 250 and hit save, if you go to another dashboard setting - like users - then back to 'ATO->Header Image', does the new value you entered still show or is it back to the default 250?
4) who is your host
5) do you know what version of php you are running? If not go to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Content ABOVE the LOOP and add the following as the first line
HTML Code:
<?php global $user_ID; if( $user_ID ) { if( current_user_can('level_10') ) { phpinfo(); } }; ?>
this will cause the display only to show up when you are logged in as an admin. Once you look at your home page you should see a dump of the php info and can get the version from it. Then you can remove that line of code.
6) If on 3.4.9 or newer, export your settings and attach them here (use the paper clip icon)

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 13, 2010 at 02:50 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 04:09 PM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
I don't think so. What is the exact name of it? Is it something that I can find easily? I'll install it.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 05:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Please answer each question
Old Oct 13, 2010, 07:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
To show your whole header image for now you could add the following to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
div#imagecontainer {height:250px;}
Also while you are in the css inserts take a look and see if you have a height for the image container set. That could be overriding the 250 you have set in image height.