Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Creating a form

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 5, 2009, 04:52 PM
rachkitty

13 posts · Mar 2009
Creating a form

I've been having a tough time creating a form. I tried to follow instructions from a previous post (I'm listing them below) but something keeps going wrong. I downloaded a form from Truth Media Internet Group. It appeared on my plugin page and I activated it, but all that changed is at the bottom of the admin views for each page there's a line that says "formbuilder" and inside that it reads: "Error: Unable to load field details from table. [SHOW FIELDS FROM `wp_formbuilder_forms`]"

I don't know what's going on. I'm also confused about how I will eventually be able to use the form on just one page and how I will communicate that. The form I'm envisioning is more complicated than a contact form (as in, 12 questions). Will any old form plugin I find online work or do I need to find something more specific?

I've gotten a lot of great help here and finally donated the other day. Thanks again for any help anybody out there is able to offer!

Here's what I got from the previous post:

You can insert them manually but usually you'd use a form plugin for that because that's easier. For instance

Contact Form 7
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/

Cforms II
http://www.deliciousdays.com/cforms-plugin

Here's a selection of more form plugins
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tags/form

To install a plugin, see the instructions in a README.txt file or something similar inside the plugin files that you downloaded. Usually you'd upload either a single file xxxxxx.php or a while directory /xxxxxxx/ to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory on your web hosting account, then activate that plugin at Site Admin -> Plugins

Atahualpa Theme Options -> Forms is just for (visually) styling form elements, not for creating forms. A plugin might have it's own styling setting on its own settings page.