Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Header image is doubled?

Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:28 AM
Ropey

1 posts · Aug 2010
Carlisle, UK
Send a message via Skype™ to Ropey
I have worked my way through the options as far as the header section and I have added my image but it is showing up twice. Once at the right size and once as a cropped version of itself. Until I understood the %image bit and popped it into the input box, I was only getting a cropped version. I've attached a screen grab below.

Cheers,
Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	atahualpaheaderimg.jpg
Views:	1092
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	680  
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:12 AM
beyondelsewhere

9 posts · Aug 2010
Montreal, Canada
My header image is doing the exact same thing. Which is odd, because I installed it on two blogs and the first one (beyondelsewhere.ca) did NOT have this problem and now the second one (beyondbooks.ca) is having the problem. Both blogs are houses in separate folders on my server so they do not interfere with the other. I'm just curious as why one would work and the other didn't. Possibly because I had originally installed the older version from WP and then downloaded the new 3.5+ one directly for my second blog?

I would be very happy if there was a simple fix to this.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Ropy... How did you add your image? What do you mean by the "input box"? If that is the place you put %image what else is in that box?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:25 PM
BizCoach

5 posts · Sep 2010
I also am having the same problem and don't see that there's a resolution here. I have a (cropped) duplicate header image over the top of my original header image and I'm not sure how to fix it. See http://www.ABetterYouCoach.com
Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Shut off the animated images, they are causing the duplicates.

The new code is not resection the location of the header image and puts it all the way to the left causing the duplicate or shifted image to appear
Old Sep 1, 2010, 07:25 PM
BizCoach

5 posts · Sep 2010
The animation is off... But it's still producing the duplicate image.

I don't understand the second sentence that you wrote.

Thanks!!
Theresa
Old Sep 1, 2010, 07:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Go ato->style & Edit header area->configure header area and remove the code
HTML Code:
<div id="imagecontainer" class="header-image-container" style="background: url('http://abetteryoucoach.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/header/ABYCHeader.jpg') top center no-repeat;"><div class="clickable"><a class="divclick" title="A Better You Coach.com" href ="http://abetteryoucoach.com/">*</a></div></div>
That code pulls in the image, but the %image does also
Old Sep 1, 2010, 07:45 PM
BizCoach

5 posts · Sep 2010
got it! Thanks!!

Theresa
Old Sep 6, 2010, 02:50 AM
sokius

7 posts · Sep 2010
I'm having the same duplicate header image issue with sokius.net

I'm not seeing similar code on my site. I've been scratching my head for hours on this. I would be grateful for any suggestions.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 09:56 AM
BizCoach

5 posts · Sep 2010
I didn't have exactly that code either. But it clued me in and when I looked I found that I had the "%image" code up at the top, and again in the body between the comments that were there in the software.
so I deleted one of the "%image" (the one that was kind of hidden in the comment area) and it removed the second header image.

So try that...maybe that's what's going on with you, too.

Good luck.
Theresa
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:14 AM
sokius

7 posts · Sep 2010
I think it might be related to the following, but I can't figure out where to edit it for the life of me. It seems like the header code got added into some "ad" code.

Code:
<!-- To remove the ad altogether, start removing here... --> 
<div style="position:absolute;top:20px;right:20px;width:728px;height:90px;">
<!-- Put the ad code BELOW this (and remove the sample text if there is any) -->
<div id="imagecontainer" class="header-image-container" style="background: url('http://sokius.net/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/header/header6.jpg') bottom right no-repeat;"></div>
<!-- Put the ad code ABOVE this -->
</div>
<!-- End removing the ad here -->
I've searched through (seemingly) every file to find this, but it doesn't seem to exist anywhere except when I view the source for www.sokius.net.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:45 AM
BizCoach

5 posts · Sep 2010
According to what Juggledad wrote, if you remove line 4 there that starts with <div id="...

He says if you remove that, it should help...so try cutting line 4 (from your example) of course paste it into notepad or something in case you need it back.

At least that's how I read juggledad's comments above...

Good luck,
Let us know if that works or not.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 12:04 PM
sokius

7 posts · Sep 2010
Agreed. I just can't figure out how to remove it. I found it by viewing the source of the site in Firefox, but I can't find where that bit of code is on the backend of the site.

Very frustrating being able to see what is probably wrong, but not being able to do anything about it
Old Sep 6, 2010, 12:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Go to the atahualpa theme options (ato) look for the tab labeled 'style & edit header area' (least that's what I think it says, I'm on my iPad) then look at the 'configure header area' option, just like I said in post #7
Old Sep 6, 2010, 01:03 PM
sokius

7 posts · Sep 2010
Hi Juggledad. I appreciate you taking your time.

I must be missing something major. All i see when I go there is one line for code and I have: %logo %pages %image %cats

Is there some button somewhere that I press to allow me to do more editing? I thought I knew where to go, but I am obviously missing something.

I've even tried completely reinstalling the theme, but all the settings (including the broken stuff) return the way it was.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 01:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Two possibilities,
1) one of your plugins is causing you to only see one line there. To see if this is the case, disable all your plugins and go check it out again.
2) you have made some other change - to the code or in CSS inserts, that is causing it or even a plugin is causing it.

Not having access to the background of the site, I can't tell.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 05:33 PM
sokius

7 posts · Sep 2010
Hi Juggledad - You resolved my issue by showing me how to go back to the default settings on the theme in another thread: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...2622#post42622

I appreciate your help, and no longer need assistance on this issue.