Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Change Background Color based on Category Name

Old Jul 16, 2010, 08:52 AM
tjwhitejr

4 posts · Apr 2010
I have set up a blog aggregator that has left (blue) and right (Red) blogs. http://www.olddominionblogs.com and I would like to have the background color to be either red or blue depending on the category of the blog. (Well, pink and light blue.) I have labeled the syndicated blogs with 2 categories each, one lefty or righty and the other category is the blog name.

Anyone know if this can be done? And if so, how?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do you mean you want the backrounnd of the post to be red or blue depending on the category?
You could do that with CSS
HTML Code:
.post.category-red {background: red;}
.post.category-blue {background: blue;}
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:54 AM
tjwhitejr

4 posts · Apr 2010
Perfect. Small change to use correct category names and used hex colors to get readable shades.

Used:

.post.category-leftyblogs {background: #FFB6C1;}
.post.category-rightyblogs {background: #E0EEEE ;}

Thanks!