Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Want to make page titles appear the same as post titles?

Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:45 PM
Aineoin

13 posts · Jan 2010
This is actually a two-part question, I think.

First, how can I make the page titles show up using the same characteristics (ie font size and color) as post titles? I have set up 4 pages on the blog, and the one on which the new posts are displayed shows the post titles in a different color, and perhaps in a slightly smaller font. I'd like them all to display the same way.

And second, can I change the page title that displays *below* the blog header info so that it is different from the page title that displays in the tab at the top of the page, *above* the header info? Or remove it, altogether?

In what I believe is a wp issue rather than a theme issue, when I use the settings page to try to set new posts to display on NOT the main page and try to use a static page for the home page, the wp-generated home page does not appear in the dropdown. I've sort of figured a work-around of creating a 'home' page and putting my static info there, so I can select it as the main landing page for the site URL. But, now I'm stuck with two home page tabs - the wp generated one, and the one I created. And then, on the one I created, I've got the big word HOME showing up above the static info I want displayed. If I can figure out how to turn off the wp-generated home page and am left with the one I created, I'd love to remove altogether the HOME that shows up at the top of the page, below the blog header info. Or, if anyone can help me figure out how to select the wp-generated page as the static page when it doesn't show up in the dropdown list ... then I don't need to know how to remove the HOME title on the page. I think ...

Aineoin
Old Mar 3, 2010, 01:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
style post and page titles at ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->HEADLINE Box

not sure I understand the rest of the question. What is the URL? Point to what you mean.

if you want to use a static page as the 'front page and some other page as teh Posts Page, you have to first create TWO pages, for the sake of talking, lets call them MYFRONT and BLOG. You set
Front Page: MYFRONT
Posts page: BLOG
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:19 PM
Aineoin

13 posts · Jan 2010
juggledad - the url is www.brian-mcdonald.info.

I'll go look at tweaking the sizes of the post/page titles the way you suggest - thanks!

I did create several pages - 4 of which (including the 'home' page) were to be static. The 5th page was to be the blog page. The problem is that since I have now created a 'home' page, I'm getting two tabs at the top of the page that say 'home'. Take a peek.

Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2010, 03:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
since I have now created a 'home' page, I'm getting two tabs at the top of the page that say 'home'.
go to ATO->Page Menu Bar->Home link in Page Menu Bar and remove what is there
this will not effect your page called 'Home' it is the menulink for the blog page when it is the front page
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:39 AM
Aineoin

13 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks! That worked

Now, back to part ... 4? of my two-part question

If you look at the home page now, you'll see the word Home just above the photo (and the words Memories, Gallery, and Wake on their pages). I do want for posts to continue to show their headers, but on the page pages, can those headers be removed altogether?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
teh words "Home, Memories, Gallery, and Wake' at the top of the window are the page menubar. Each time you add a page to teh site, it will showup in the page menubar. You define were the menubar will show in the header at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Style & edit HEADER AREA

If you don't want the page title to show before teh text of the page go to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->The LOOP and change the line
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>
to
HTML Code:
<?php if (!is_page()) {bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); } ?>
Old Mar 5, 2010, 11:58 AM
Aineoin

13 posts · Jan 2010
I'll go give that a try, thanks!

Will this affect POST titles as well as page titles? Really, it's just the page titles that I want to have removed. I want each post to still show it's own headline/title.

Yes, I only ask for everything

Aineoin