Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] changing the text color inside the posted comment boes

Old Jan 10, 2010, 03:45 AM
juandrah

24 posts · Jul 2009
[SOLVED] changing the text color inside the posted comment boes

How do I do this please?

In

Atahualpa theme options > Comments > style and configure COMMENTS

there is an option to change everything BUT the text color inside the posted comment containers. The color of that text and the author's name seem to be controlled by

Atahualpa theme options > Overall Style & Config. > Body, Text & Links

which changes the text throughout most of the site. My site has a dark background and light comment boxes so I need two different colors of text... one color inside the posted comments boxes and another for all other text.

Thank you

Last edited by juandrah; Jan 10, 2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 04:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
insert the following at ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
li.comment p { color: #00ffff;}
the 00ffff is the hex RGB for the color - this will give a light blue
Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:31 AM
juandrah

24 posts · Jul 2009
Thank you my friend, I have never needed much help from this forum but you have always pulled through on those rare occasions when asked.

That code changed the comment text as requested, but the Author name color is still unchanged. Similarly I tried

Code:
li.author p { color: #00ffff;}
in ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts but that did not work so there must be a different tag name for the author, any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use this
HTML Code:
div.comment-author .authorname {color: #00ff00;}
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:16 AM
juandrah

24 posts · Jul 2009
Perfect, thanks again.