Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Uploaded image won't show up...

Old Dec 5, 2010, 09:12 AM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
Uploaded image won't show up...

I'm not sure I'm in the right section for this post, so let me know if I should put it somewhere else.

I have been trying to upload an image, sort of a button, that I made in a photo editing software. I saved it both as a .png and as a .jpg and for some reason, neither of them show up on my page (home page, center column, at the top) when I go to Pages>Welcome>Edit and choose the little icon that allows the image to be uploaded.

It seems to upload alright, but just shows up on the page as an empty gray box.

Any thoughts about this?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Could be a file permission issue. Look at the source of your page and fine the URL pointing at the image. You should be able to put this URL in a browser and the image should show up. If not, then it's a permission problem or it's not in that location.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:10 AM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
This is the link to the image. I tried it in a browser and it couldn't find it either.

http://embodiedawake.com/wp-content/...through_21.png
Old Dec 5, 2010, 08:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
use ftp and get to the image, then list the full path to it.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 6, 2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 08:33 AM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
When I upload it using the Pges>Upload/Insert button, it shows what the URL path is. Isn't that what you're talking about? So if I put that URL in the address bar of Firefox, it comes up telling me that the page could not be found...and it doesn't show up on the actual web page itself (just and empty box which seems to be the wrong size from what I specified in the formatting section of Upload/Insert. Does this mean it's a permission issue?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 08:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
could be a permission, that's why you should go check the permissions and make sure the image is actually there