Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Change RSS Syndicated Headline to Original Link

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 21, 2010, 05:09 PM
tjwhitejr

4 posts · Apr 2010
Change RSS Syndicated Headline to Original Link

I am using Autoblogged as Feedwordpress does not work very well. FWP did have an option to link the Headline on the main page (center column) to the original site, instead of the local copy. Autoblogged does not. Their forum says you must change your theme and offers this:

Quote:
To do that you actually have to modify your theme. AutoBlogged saves the original link as a custom field named "link" for each post so you can refer to it in your WordPress theme.

To modify your theme you need to open your index.php (or since you are using the Revolution theme, home.php). Search for the_permalink() and replace it with get_post_custom_values('link'). This will make the title's hyperlink go to the original article. You also likely need to edit other files such as archive.php and search.php to make the same changes there.

Note that although this will make your links point to the original article, WordPress will still make a page for each post that would appear in your rss feeds and sitemaps. There's really no way around that.
The person asking the question ended up saying that the following fixed the issue:

Quote:
Ok...I actually used the following:

<h2><a href="<?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, "link", true); ?>" rel="bookmark"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>

and that did it. Thanks for all the help!
Any idea what I need to do to make this work with Atahualpa 3.5.3?

Thanks for any help.