Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Move Center Column/Posts to the left?

Old Jun 2, 2011, 08:17 PM
sanguango

25 posts · May 2011
Hello, my site only has a a right sidebar, so the center column starts on the left. I want to move the post containers a bit more to the left, so they begin in the same line where the menu begins. Attached you will find a picture that shows what I want to do. Looking at the picture: I want the post container to start where the red line appears. How can I do that? I've been looking at the padding options of the ATO -> Style and Edit Center Column, but I couldn't find the answer and I'm not sure I'm looking to the right place.

I'm using Atahualpa 3.6.7 and WP 3.1.3.

Than you very much!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dibujo.PNG
Views:	773
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	1393  
Old Jun 2, 2011, 08:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Easy way, add the left sidebar, make it the width you need to indent. Then add a text widget to the sidebar with nothing in it.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 09:52 PM
sanguango

25 posts · May 2011
Thanks for you prompt reply, juggledad! I just tried what you suggested but it didn't work. It actually seems to do the opposite of what I want. Maybe I was not very clear. Attached you will find a new picture, which I believe is more clear [I want Post A -that's how I see it now- like Post B -that's how I want to see it-). Any idea? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dibujo.PNG
Views:	738
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1394  
Old Jun 2, 2011, 09:54 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Then just remove the left sidebar.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:05 PM
sanguango

25 posts · May 2011
Thats what I did. As I said in my first post, I do not have a left sidebar. I only have a right sidebar. Then, juggledad suggested to add a left sidebar and play with it. I did so but it didn't work, so I took the left sidebar. I have no left sidebar but I still have the problem.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 03:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Sorry I read the original post to fast...ok let me admit it, I know front from back and up fromdown. Four out of six isn't too bad.

There may be some left padding or margin set for the post container. Look at the page/post styling.

This is an example of where using FireBug in FireFox would be a way to find it. Not having the URL makes it hard to tell exactly what it is.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 07:22 AM
sanguango

25 posts · May 2011
Thank you, juggledad. I don't see any left padding or margin problem in the post container. I even put all the paddings and margins of the page/post styling in 0 and nothing happened. Here you have a link of the site: http://guiaius.net16.net/ I also tried with firebug, but I couldn't find the problem, although I'm not sure I really understand it...
Old Jun 3, 2011, 07:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
check ato->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Center column style
Old Jun 3, 2011, 07:37 AM
sanguango

25 posts · May 2011
OMG, I can't beleive I didn't see that! Thanks a lot