Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

How to have a file upload option/box as a field in the comment fields

Old Aug 1, 2011, 02:34 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
How to have a file upload option/box as a field in the comment fields

Is it possible to have a file upload box replacing the website label in the comments fields. My upcoming project is a restaurant review site and we would like to validate harsh comments about an establishment with proof that the individual was infact been there. So the file upload box will provide them an option to upload a bill. Hope to have a solution for this as always
Old Aug 1, 2011, 04:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Uploading a file and submitting a comment are two different actions. Besides, how many people are really going to

1) take their bill from a restaurant home,
2) scan it in,
3) photoshop it to remove personal information and then
4) upload it to your website?

Actually you should ask how many people are capable of doing this and of that group how many will take the time? I wouldn't.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 04:52 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
@sober, I agree with Juggledad that few people are going to go to the trouble to help you that way. Maybe some of the more avid Yelp and Chowhound users would, but very few.

I'm sure there's a way to build that field into the form area. The Gravity Forms plugin has an option for a file upload for any form. You could have a link on the comment form leading to the Gravity Form with the file upload field.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 05:02 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
I am not targeting the industry as a whole but a very tight niche category of cusine. Criticism most welcome
Old Aug 1, 2011, 05:29 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I would love to see the site taking shape, sober. Post the link when you can, OK? I've done some restaurant reviewing in my day, so I'll be interested to see how it goes.