Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

conditional formatting for custom post types

Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:15 AM
titaniumbones

3 posts · Feb 2011
conditional formatting for custom post types

Hi,

I'm trying to create a template for use with a custom post type, developed with the custom content type manager plugin. The new type is "people", and I'd like to include an image, contact info, and various other things in a table just before the post body (which will be a description of the person). All that content will be managed with custom fields and a php function that the plugin provides, get_custom_field().

My problem is that I can't figure out where to insert all this stuff. I'd like to do as little damage to the atahualpa theme as possible -- that is, *if possible*, still use the bfa://content_inside_loop from within index.php, and insert the conditional formatting I guess somewhere in the "Style & Edit CENTER COLUMN". Does this sound difficult? An alternative is to create a single-people_cctm.php file in which I replace this line from index.php:
<?php include 'bfa://content_inside_loop'; ?>
with my own html/php. If I do that, what should I take as my starting point for the template to keep these pages as much in line as possible with the rest of my text? Or, I guess I mean, "what does bfa://content_inside_loop" refer to, exactly?

Thanks for an incredibly rich and fascinating theme. I'm really enjoying getting to know it. Best,
Matt