Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Keep the name on the Page Menu Bar, remove the name on the page

Old Feb 25, 2009, 06:12 AM
jockoe

23 posts · Feb 2009
I am putting a resume on my site. It is already titled and does not need the title of the page that was created. I've tried just not giving the page a title, but that deletes the name of the page off of the page menu bar as well. Is there a way to have the name on the page menu bar, but not on the page itself?

(This is for 1 page only, not site wide)
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:45 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=149 post #7 part 2 and post #10
Old Mar 6, 2009, 09:02 AM
MarShe

6 posts · Mar 2009
I am trying to remove all titles from all pages that would be a repeat of the page menu bar. I tried to follow the instructions here: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=149 in post 3 but I am not sure I found the right section of code, all matched but the first 2 lines given in the replacement code. Can you copy the original code as well as the replacement so I can see exactly what to change? The change I did in the top 2 lines caused the site to go blank. I have replace the original code and am back where I started.

I went to the Main Index Template and the first 3 lines from that post in place of the top 2 lines below from the code and it did not work. Please let me know what I did wrong. Do I have the wrong section? Thank you.

<?php
if (!is_page()) { ?>
<div class="post-headline">

<!-- Post Headline -->
<div class="post-headline">
<h2><?php
if( !is_single() AND !is_page() ) { ?>
<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php
if (function_exists('the_title_attribute')) {
the_title_attribute();
}
elseif (function_exists('the_title')) {
the_title();
} ?>"><?php
} the_title();
if( !is_single() AND !is_page() ) { ?>
</a><?php

Last edited by MarShe; Mar 6, 2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: error in reference
Old Mar 6, 2009, 02:07 PM
MarShe

6 posts · Mar 2009
Still having trouble with issue in last post. Please help if you can.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 10:12 AM
trt823

5 posts · Feb 2009
Try this...

go to Html/CSS Inserts

then to CSS Inserts

add this div.post-headline { display: none; }

If that does not work check out http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=126 post#4
Old Mar 23, 2009, 10:02 PM
docran

4 posts · Mar 2009
Sory, it`s not that we want, all the post title dissappear, not only page title