Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Strange arrow overlap with sociable plugin icon

Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:58 AM
JSiu

3 posts · Dec 2012
I really like this theme. However I really don't know how to fix those arrow overlaping.

Or you can check out my http://johnsiu.com/, they are at the end of each post.

Anyone can help?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:16 AM
Virtualmotorpix

21 posts · Nov 2012
The other posts have already mentioned this. It works fine with 'Hupso Share Buttons for Twitter, Facebook & Google+' just try some different plugins. I gave up hunting for the code and did this instead.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it's created by this CSS
HTML Code:
.hentry ul li i, .comment-text ul li i {
    background: url("http://johnsiu.com/wp-content/themes/montezuma/images/icons.png") no-repeat scroll -48px -84px transparent;
    display: inline-block;
    height: 12px;
    margin-left: -20px;
    margin-right: 10px;
    width: 12px;
}
in the content.css template. You need to add some CSS with
HTML Code:
div.sharedaddy .hentry ul li i {background-image: none;}
and if that doesn't work, add an '!important' at the end
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:57 PM
ghostsquad

4 posts · Dec 2012
I've removed the CSS style that shows the arrow. It is just extra that really isn't needed. You could also adjust the margin/padding to make sure there is no overlap if you want to keep the arrow.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:33 AM
JSiu

3 posts · Dec 2012
With help of juggledad and another post here, some trail of error (as a css dummy ), its finally fixed it.

This is how I do it:

1. Login WorldPress admin
2. Goto Apperance -> Montezuma Options -> Head (In Montezuma Options panel) -> Insert Code
3. In the Bottom text box, put the following
Code:
<style>
.hentry ul li i {background-image: none !important;}
</style>
With this method I don't have to hunt down css file and change them manually. All done within WP Admin page.

JohnSiu.com

Last edited by JSiu; Dec 9, 2012 at 01:35 AM.