Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Admin Bar Missing With Wordpress 3.3.1 & Atahualpa 3.5.3. HELP!?

Old Apr 4, 2012, 09:22 PM
msj484

16 posts · Sep 2011
Hello,

As mentioned in the title... the admin bar that used to show on older versions of wordpress when I am looking at the NON-ADMIN section of the website is missing. It was nice because I could easily edit posts, edit without having to go to the admin area of the site.

I am running Wordpress 3.3.1 and Atahualpa 3.5.3. Can someone please help me get to the bottom of this? I have searched everywhere. Thanks for your time.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 09:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Do you have it set to show in your profile settings?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:26 PM
msj484

16 posts · Sep 2011
Yes it is set in the profile settings. It worked fine until I updated my version of WP some time ago.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 04:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) swap to twenty-eleven - does the issue exist? YES then it is not a theme issue
2) disable all plugins -does the issue go away? YES it is a plugin conflict
Old May 3, 2012, 05:19 PM
geneise

20 posts · Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
1) swap to twenty-eleven - does the issue exist? YES then it is not a theme issue
2) disable all plugins -does the issue go away? YES it is a plugin conflict
I'm having the same issue.

Swapped to twenty-eleven: works fine

disabled all plugins: admin bar does not appear in public side of site with ATA active

So, it seems to be a theme issue. Using Atahualpa 3.7.6

Last edited by geneise; May 3, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old May 3, 2012, 05:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it's working fine for me with Atahualpa 3.7.6 and WP 3.3.1
if you send me an PM with an admin id/pw I'll poke about
Old May 3, 2012, 07:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
geneise - Hate to tell you but you have been hacked and every theme is hacked and most likely the wordpress core itself. take a look at he index.php for each theme and go to the bottom and you will find a lot of code that looks like garbage. This is the same hack that 'horsemansarts' is dealing with in Suddenly, content just disappears - check the end of that thread to see suggestions.

sorry...
Old May 4, 2012, 07:05 AM
geneise

20 posts · Sep 2010
Juggledad, thanks.

That's amazing, as the installation is brand new, I'm the only user and it is in a domain that was only secured a week or so ago.

I'm wondering if the WordPress installation script at IX hosting has been hacked, because I have two other WP installations on IX, and the exact same thing has happened.

Thanks again.
Old May 4, 2012, 07:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I would contact your host about that. you might want to read http://ixwebhostwarning.wordpress.com/ and think about another host