Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How can I change the h3 tag in widget titles?

Old Dec 14, 2009, 09:30 AM
c4duser

24 posts · Nov 2009
The widget titles in my blog display just as I want them to using ordinary ATO settings. However, for purposes of SEO, I would like to downgrade the h3 tags used to, say, p tags, and then use CSS to style them as I please.

Do I have to go into the code to fix this? If so, where should I look?

Thanks.

=======

Later: OK. I've resolved the issue. First, I found the code for the h3 tags, changed it, but it messed up the display. So I changed it back.

Then, I found a better solution --- simply adjust the CSS styling for headlines.

Perhaps I should explain. The problem was that the sub-headlines in articles (h2) were too large, so I was using h3 headlines. However, this created a problem when the page was viewed by search engines, since the headlines in the left sidebar widgets were showing up first over headlines in the main article. The obvious solution was to reduce the size of the h2 headlines, using CSS, so that article sub-heads now took precedence over headlines in the left sidebar widget ... duh!

Last edited by c4duser; Dec 16, 2009 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Solved.