Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Admin navigation bar does not show at top of page when logged in

Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:06 PM
ericmacknight

22 posts · Oct 2009
Using Atahualpa 3.7.15, WP 3.9.1.

Just created a new blog, and when I am logged in and viewing the blog (not the Dashboard), the admin navigation bar that should appear at the top of the page is not there.

When I switch themes to Twenty Fourteen, the admin nav bar reappears, so this seems to be an Atahualpa problem.

This happened to me the last time I created a new blog, a few weeks ago, and somewhere I found some code to add to one of the pages that fixed the problem. But I was in a hurry and failed to note the source, so now I am stuck again.

Any help out there?

Much appreciated!

Eric
Old Jun 18, 2014, 03:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What's the URL ?
Does the footer show?

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 18, 2014 at 03:37 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 03:36 AM
ericmacknight

22 posts · Oct 2009
http://www.ericmacknight.com/iblanglit/
Old Jun 18, 2014, 03:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
for some reason the footer is not being processed
1) if you have added anything to the ATO->Style & edit FOOTER->Footer: Content? if so set it back to the default - but in any case - hit the SAVE at teh bottom of the screen
2) disable any plugins
3) try removing all the widgets
Old Jun 18, 2014, 05:30 AM
ericmacknight

22 posts · Oct 2009
That did it!

(I mean #1: "if you have added anything to the ATO->Style & edit FOOTER->Footer: Content? if so set it back to the default".

Here's what I had in the footer:
Copyright © %current-year% %home% - All Rights Reserved

Any idea which part of that caused the problem?

Many thanks,

Eric

Last edited by ericmacknight; Jun 18, 2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 07:34 AM
ericmacknight

22 posts · Oct 2009
I have now found the previous fix I used:

Insert this line
<?php wp_footer(); ?>
just before the </body> tag in footer.php

Eric
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
so you had
HTML Code:
Copyright &copy; %current-year% %home% - All Rights Reserved
in the Footer: Content but when you changed it to the default it started working? But
HTML Code:
Copyright &copy; %current-year% %home% - All Rights Reserved
is the default???

can you make it break again and do an export of the theme settings and attach them to a reply.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:38 AM
batigolle

7 posts · May 2013
I also had the same problem after the upgrade from version 3.7.12 to version 3.7.15 (WP 3.6.1) the Admin navigationmenu has disappeared, and that some plugins do not work properly ,example Ditty News Ticker and WP Photo Album Plus.

After, disabling all plugins, same problem

I solved the problem , following the suggestion of going to the page ATO-> Style & edit FOOTER and re-save the settings

Thanks for the tip