Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] how to insert links to websites

Old May 30, 2009, 10:17 AM
reallylost

16 posts · May 2009
I've already asked these two questions in a thread but since I don't know how the forum works I am posting a new thread.

question 1: how can I insert a link to an external homepage in my homepage footer? not the post footer but the home footer.

question 2: how can I insert a link to an external homepage in an image pasted into a post? I would like the viewer to be able to click on the image, that would open a new window with the external website.

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2009, 07:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
HTML Code:
question 1: how can I insert a link to an external homepage in my homepage footer? not the post footer but the home footer.
put your links in ATO->Footer-> Footer: Content

HTML Code:
question 2: how can I insert a link to an external homepage in an image pasted into a post? I would like the viewer to be able to click on the image, that would open a new window with the external website.
First off, this is not an Atahualpa issue. Use the HTML editor and put the HTML code that you would use in any web page
Old May 30, 2009, 09:17 PM
reallylost

16 posts · May 2009
Thanks for a quick response but that doesn't help much since I don't know html. However, I have found a html tutorial so perhaps can manage. If not I will have to ask for more help!
Old May 31, 2009, 05:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you are going to do more than the very basics, you have to have a little knowledge of html and maybe CSS. Start slow, don't do anything fancy (inserting links) to start, get to know Wordpress and Atahualpa (there is lots to learn) then start making your tweeks. You can even cheat by using WordPress to show you how a link should look.

For example: create a post and edit it. Not, using the visual editor, select some text and ou will see the two buttons above the text that looks like a chain (link) and a broken chain (unlink) are now usable. Ckick the chain and an 'Insert/edit link' window will pop up asking for the Link URL. Fill this in, click insert and thne switch to the HTML editor. Now you will have the HTML for a text link.
Have fun
Old May 31, 2009, 12:46 PM
reallylost

16 posts · May 2009
Thanks for another prompt response!! Actually, being somewhat stubborn, I actually managed it, this morning!! I found this site which is very helpful for anybody as ignorant as I am: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

Bye for now and thanks again.