Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

layout design advice for static website ideas and some other questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 4, 2010, 05:59 PM
Jenny L

2 posts · Jan 2010
layout design advice for static website ideas and some other questions

Firstly just to let readers know I am brand new to web design no CSS experiance also!

I have some design questions below I need feedback on and advice please....however, do not want to get into learning and figuring out to much how to do code etc ( I know and accept you need to do certain things that will show up) but gosh looking for things in forums to solve and spend ages figuring out how to specifically do things is not good use of ones time!

that said- some quick questions firstly:
I' d love to have some advice for various boxes and text flowed into them as a design idea for ONE of the pages I have in mind for my static website using Atahualpa theme I will show you a link to look at and you will see exactly what I actually mean...

What I have in mind for one of the pages I plan to do is the way this site has been laid out http://www.matrixreimprintingbook.com/ please notice the round corner boxes and the text/graphics flowed in and the separate header graphic at the top etc can such a design be done very similar in Atahualpa i.e.

My question is how easy is it to do with Atahualpa ?
Please advise....

I want to create some websites using wordpress mostly content managment so in other words they look like a normal website and yes I will have a blog link standing out etc as part of the menu structure readers can click on to go the blog page and any posts/archives etc....

Because having a Blog will be good for SEO (if one thinks about the usual SEO tactics etc) is that correct folks?

I wanted to have most pages in 3 columns i.e. say have a left and right side bar and in the middle will be the main content area-which brings me to my next question

How easy is it using Atahualpa theme to actually go in and adjust the left and right side bar width?

and important to me- How easy is it to on these side bars simply to be able to 'drop in' various graphics into them?

What I mean is you may have say, designed something in photoshop and saved it as a gif/ or j-peg file i.e. a simple graphic and added text description over it about a service or product (that people to click on them to read more when they see in the right/left side bar on most pages) ....

so my question .....IS it easy to drop in such graphics into the right or left side bar once created within Atahualpa theme?

and lastly, how easy is it to insert a different header graphic on various pages rather then always the same one?

what is the easiest way to go about doing this?

many thanks and bless you for any advice/feedback and help folks on any of the above and pointers and if it is not to hard I will go ahead and install Atahualpa theme and contribute

Jenny