Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header fade gives cross-slide JS Error ("Exception thrown and not caught")

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:45 AM
jtz

3 posts · Nov 2010
Photo Header fade gives cross-slide JS Error ("Exception thrown and not caught")

Hi all,

I have a site (Wordpress 3.0.1) that uses ATA 3.5.3's rotating and fading header image feature.

When only the rotation part is used, there are no errors in FF, Chrome, or IE6/7/8. But the moment I turn on fading, IE (and IE only) gives the following error three times:

Line: 38
Error: Exception thrown and not caught

I can see the image fade to the next one, but just before it completes, the above errors happen.

I tracked the error down to the cross-slide.js abort function. Line 38 is:

throw format.apply(null, arguments);

Does anyone have an idea what's going on? Thanks in advance for the help!