Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Individual post pages do not exist?

Old Jan 24, 2010, 07:58 PM
barbara

5 posts · Jan 2010
When you click on a post's title or the continue reading link ... the post's individual page does not exist - you get redirected to the site's home page. This was a problem with and without doing excerpts on the home page.

This even happens when you click on "Articles" under Categories ...

What is causing this?

Site: http://www.fibromyalgia411.info
Blog: http://www.fibromyalgia411.info/blog

Ata: 3.4.5
WP: 2.9.1
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:14 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Check in the WordPress General Settings that you have
HTML Code:
http://www.fibromyalgia411.info/blog
in both the WordPress address (URL) and Blog address (URL) fields.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:24 PM
barbara

5 posts · Jan 2010
Larry,

Thank you for the response.

I am not sure what the different between the two is ... but I do have the full path to the /blog/ in both spots:

HTML Code:
http://www.fibromyalgia411.info/blog
... darn it, now everything I click on in the admin is going to the site's home page. I left my computer for 15 minutes to help my hubby with the sump pump (we are having local flooding) ... and the admin was working just fine before I left my desk. UGH!

I had the brilliant idea of logging out of admin, now I can't get to the admin login screen! Double ARGH!

Last edited by barbara; Jan 24, 2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm not sure what is going on here. I get the same results.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:36 PM
barbara

5 posts · Jan 2010
Oh this is annoying! I was all done designing this theme and had started adding posts (2 of them) ... and everything was fine when I walked away from my computer ... except for individual post pages and category pages not coming up.

I spent over 3 hours designing and configuring. Now what, if I can't even access the WP admin?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:48 PM
barbara

5 posts · Jan 2010
Ok, had to dip into myphpadmin and reset the site url (Wordpress address) ...

Now ... back to my original problem! LOL

Are there permissions that need to be set for certain folders or files? I know shopping carts typically have that. But there were none in the WP manual. Hmmmm.