Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Marketplace » Customization, Design, Programming... »

search box results giving the same result no matter what searched

Old Dec 31, 2009, 09:39 AM
Dani808

22 posts · Dec 2009
Hawaii
Anyone have any trouble with the search box results? It gives the same search results regardless of the search term put in. I even put in random terms that aren't on the site and I get the same result. Then I put a very specific term and those things don't show, I get the same stuff. http://www.hawaiimassagedirectory.com
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:49 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I tried the search and it worked fine for me.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:45 AM
Dani808

22 posts · Dec 2009
Hawaii
It works as far as performing a search, its just the results its generating are not accurate or don't make sense. Most searches generate the same massage school page. But if I put in a specific business name it should at least pick up that business and it doesn't. Or if I put in a major area or category name for instance I put in the search term OAHU and it said nothing was found. I put in ISLAND MASSAGE and it doesn't pull up the business with that name rather another business that doesn't even have the word ISLAND in it. I was hoping this search box would work better than the directory search since the directory is very limited and I am not able to create categories for cities as well as states.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 01:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I had a search "issue" that was in some ways similar to yours and the Search Unleashed plugin fixed it. It expands the search boxes capabilities.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 07:16 PM
Dani808

22 posts · Dec 2009
Hawaii
I will go try that. Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 07:50 PM
Dani808

22 posts · Dec 2009
Hawaii
this is strange. Now it is working but only if after you enter the search you go to HOME. So if I search Kailua, the same stuff comes up that is wrong. Then if I hit HOME it will show the right stuff and highlight it which is what I set it to do. I don't understand why I am having issues with this!