Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Private Page Link Yields "Not Found" result

Old Aug 1, 2009, 03:42 PM
Alexi

20 posts · Dec 2008
Oceanside, CA
Using Atahualpa 3.4.2 and WordPress 2.8.2, I wanted to create a landing page for visitors to my blog from Twitter.

I don't want the page to be a visible page that will register on my top menu or pages sidebar widget.
My solution was to create a 'private' page. The problem I have is that when I am not logged in as an administrator the link to that page (http://www.beautyprpro.com/welcome-t...-from-twitter/) results in a NOT Found message.

How else might I solve this problem of needing a landing page? Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2009, 04:20 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can create a regular page and remove it from the page menu bar, and remove the sidebars, through the theme options. To remove the header and footer as well you'd need to create a page template. This has been covered a few times, i.e. here http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...hlight=landing
Old Aug 8, 2009, 07:37 PM
Alexi

20 posts · Dec 2008
Oceanside, CA
Thank you Flynn. Again thanks for all your hard work on Atahualpa. I'm heading over to donate again. Much value.

Alex