Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Avoid sidebar in selected posts?

Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:30 AM
kjetil

45 posts · Jul 2009
Oslo - Norway
Send a message via Skype™ to kjetil
Is there some way of excluding a sidebar in selected posts?
My goal is to exclude the inner right sidebar not only from a category's front page (like here) but also from all that category's posts (basically all the posts containing maps - like here).
Any way to do that through the settings - or must I use some plugin (like Widget logic)?

PS Just to make it slightly more tricky, the "Kart" (maps) category posts are all also connected to some other category (like the category Lombardia - as with the second linked example above).
Thanks,
Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:07 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
In the theme options, configure sidebars area, you can show or not show sidebars by category or by page. To control it on individual posts in a category would require some custom code, probably.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 01:12 PM
kjetil

45 posts · Jul 2009
Oslo - Norway
Thanks - I thought so.
I still believe code placed in each widget using Widget Logic will do the trick, though.
I'll be back - when I've found the php code to use
Old Oct 28, 2009, 05:22 AM
alfonsamayor

1 posts · Oct 2009
HI,

IN SOME MESSAGES ARE INCLUDED THE SIDE BAR, AND EASY TO REMOVE IT AND THERE,I'm looking to edit the sidebar.php file so that if a user is viewing a post that is in category "Cats" then the sidebar would display all the other post titles in the "Cats" category above the exiting dynamic sidebar.
its easy to remove.

Thank u..

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 28, 2009 at 05:50 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:51 PM
kjetil

45 posts · Jul 2009
Oslo - Norway
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but the Category post widget plugin might be what you're looking for.