Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Extra line breaks and paragraph breaks in posts

Old Jan 27, 2010, 01:52 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I don't know if this is something occurring because of theme upgrades or not, but it's happening a lot. When we create a post, especially with images, extra line breaks and paragraph breaks will be inserted. If we remove them in HTML mode, they come back when we try to edit the post again later. Very frustrating.

Over on wordpress.com, I see some people having this problem with certain themes, so I'm wondering if this might be a theme-related issue or maybe tied to changes in Wordpress.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 03:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
are you doing the edits in the visual editor? I've seen several posts on the web about how using the visual editor will mess up formating...I alwasy use the HTML editor, but then I do have a good idea of what I''m doing, if I told my wife she had to use it...you probably wouldn't hear from me any more
a
r
u
g
h
Old Jan 27, 2010, 03:20 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
We are both OK with using the HTML editor, but the odd thing is that in the past, the visual editor worked fine, but lately we've been having these issues. I really can't remember if the problem coincided with updating the theme, Wordpress or both. We are on Atahualpa 3.4.5.1 and WP 2.9. I haven't moved to 2.9.1 because I was told it was OK to wait for 3.0.

We are also having a problem with sticky posts not being sticky, and not appearing on the front page at the top, but in their natural chronological order.