Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Line breaks in post content field?

Old Jul 26, 2009, 06:49 PM
sammie

4 posts · Jul 2009
For some reason, when I compose a new post, line breaks aren't being preserved.

So I type a couple of paragraphs, and when I view the site, everything combines into one huge paragraph (in both FF and IE).

So I go into HTML and use <p> and </p>, which works great, but if I go back to the Visual editor to make any changes, all of the paragraph marks get removed and it's back to one big paragraph.

Help!

website is samanthabrandtphotography.com
Old Jul 27, 2009, 05:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
does this also happen if you use the default theme?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 06:22 PM
sammie

4 posts · Jul 2009
Argh. It's doing it in the default theme too. Will broaden my google search. Sorry to bother you!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:20 PM
Sha

2 posts · Nov 2010
I'm having the same problem, the paragraphs have no space between. I manually entered <p> tags into the page contents, nothing changed. Added <br> tags manually and still nothing changed. I changed to the default theme and there is space between paragraphs, so it is something in Atahualpa. Here's a page from the site that I'm working on and having trouble with:

http://www.mcgruders.com/?page_id=87

This is making me nuts, the page is too hard to read this way. Thank you, any help is greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 04:04 PM
Sha

2 posts · Nov 2010
I found this little gem, and it works! Put into CSS Inserts and adjust to your liking.

div.post-bodycopy p {
margin:10 10;

}