Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Home page button keep original background color on current

Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:00 AM
hubbiida

17 posts · Nov 2010
Hey,
First off . . . wow! What great theme. I have a small issue, though. I am using WP3's menu system with the page menu bar, and have inserted the home page as a custom link. The problem is, it is highlighted on current (which is apparently also the case when using the page menu via Atahualpa's standard menu system). Is there any way to force the home page button in the page menu to keep it's original background color when the home page is current? I did find a thread that showed how to do something like this . . .

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=10432

but it seems to require a page id, which the home page doesn't seem to have.

Here is the site I am developing. You can see the issue there.

http://cognitive-behavior-therapy.com/wordpress/

Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Best,
Andrew

I am using Atahaulpa 3.5.4

Last edited by hubbiida; Nov 20, 2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 04:35 PM
hubbiida

17 posts · Nov 2010
Thanks. I already figured this out. If anyone is curious, just give the homepage a CSS class name using the WP3 menus screen options, then simply use CSS inserts to change the status of the homepage button on hover, active, etc. You can use the link I cited above as a guide for the CSS.

Many thanks for this forum. I will donate promptly.

Best,
Andrew

Last edited by hubbiida; Nov 20, 2010 at 04:41 PM.