Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] How Do I Make - multiple colored menu tabs

Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:50 PM
PAS

7 posts · Feb 2009
Cape Cod, USA
Has anyone seen the interesting colored menu tabs on the huffintonpost.com website? Every tab is a different color. How can I replicate the same idea with the tabs for the pages and/or categories on Atahualpa? Any assistance would be appreciated even if it is a resounding no-it-can't-be-done. Thank you in Advance... Paul
Old Mar 12, 2012, 03:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can color each menu item via CSS. Take a look at the source of a page and find the HTML that makes up the menus. You will see each menu item has a unique ID in the form 'page-item-nnnn' where nnnn= page ID.

Just code some CSS Selectors using the page id's and put the CSS in the CSS Inserts.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 03:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
And if you use the WordPress menu you can add a class to each menu so you could have a class of red, and blue, etc.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:07 AM
PAS

7 posts · Feb 2009
Cape Cod, USA
Thank you gentlemen, I thought it might be css related, but was not sure. You have been very helpful, again, thank you.