Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to make menu img show only on parent

Old Oct 4, 2012, 01:18 PM
mariusanhalt

21 posts · Nov 2010
I have been trying to add a little img infront of the menu items, and so far it is working with:

div#menu1 li {
padding: 0px 0px 0px 30px;
background:url(wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/flower.gif) no-repeat;

Thing is just that the img shows on ALL items, and I would like it to only show on the parent items, and not on the sub items.

The url is http://www.enjoy-it.dk

what should I add/remove?

Thanks
Marius
Old Oct 4, 2012, 01:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use FireBug in Firefox and examine the elements - you will see some class names for teh parents. You can add that class name in the CSS to restrict it to those classes.

Remember though, css is cascading - what you apply to an element is applied to all it's children. If you don't want the children to have it you need to have css for the child that backs out the other css.