Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Showing Off - Part II

Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:02 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Looks really good, Rex. Nicely done! What plugin is the share bar? i really like the effect. Also how did you get the Twitter link in the banner. Very cool.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 04:32 PM
jakobsmith

32 posts · Feb 2010
Copenhagen
Some recent sites I've done with Atahualpa:

http://solcellepriser.dk
This one incorporating bbPress into Atahualpa with the use of a child theme. That was interesting... :-)

http://bagerigaarden.dk
Old Feb 3, 2012, 04:51 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Both very nice sites, very clean looking the Bagerigaarden site looks nothing like a regular Atahualpa site, I am going to check out your CSS!!
Old Feb 4, 2012, 08:02 AM
TheWordpressKing

9 posts · Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobsmith
Some recent sites I've done with Atahualpa:

http://solcellepriser.dk
This one incorporating bbPress into Atahualpa with the use of a child theme. That was interesting... :-)

http://bagerigaarden.dk
SharonJ is right, love the design on the Bagerigaarden site - it must be very heavily modified from the stock Atahualpa install!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 09:24 AM
jakobsmith

32 posts · Feb 2010
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonJ
Both very nice sites, very clean looking the Bagerigaarden site looks nothing like a regular Atahualpa site, I am going to check out your CSS!!
Thank you, you are welcome.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 02:59 PM
perryferry

1 posts · Mar 2012
My pride and joy

Hi,
this is my first site created with atahualpa and i am still learning new and interesting things to do with this amazing theme.
www.carinsura.com

Although it's live at the moment it is still very much a work in progress

Please feel free to give me feedback and ways to improve it.

thabks BFA

Last edited by perryferry; Mar 4, 2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old Mar 4, 2012, 05:08 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Hi Perry, that is a nice, clean site. Partially because I am turning into an old fogey myself but I am also aware of the number of people who live with disabilities, I would change the font from #666666 to #000000, or at least I would make it larger.

OR there is a nice plugin called Font Resizer. You can see it and try it out here:
http://billroutley.com. It is on the lower right hand side in the side bar.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:41 PM
egjweb

15 posts · Feb 2011
Made this website with Atahualpa:

www.catsaroundtheglobe.com

Atahualpa is really amazing as a theme, its so customizable and each website can have a totally unique look and feel!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:09 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
what a fun site! how did you get the menu bar with the graphics and mouse-overs???? Can you direct me to a thread about how to do that? I really like it.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:27 PM
egjweb

15 posts · Feb 2011
Quote:
what a fun site! how did you get the menu bar with the graphics and mouse-overs???? Can you direct me to a thread about how to do that? I really like it.
Thank you Sharon! For the menubar on www.catsaroundtheglobe.com I used div's in the style/edit header area (and styled them in the html/css inserts option of atahualpa) I'm using semi-transparent PNG files as background items for the menu. The topmenu is static, which means that you will have to put it in there yourself, instead of it being populated by wordpress. But im sure its doable to make it populate automatically, it wasnt worth the effort for me because those pages will stay the same.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:16 PM
cajunman4life

7 posts · Mar 2012
I made some significant changes to my Atahualpa powered site earlier today.

Here's a screen shot from a few days ago (the style was the same this morning): http://www.ajgraves.com/images/ajgraves.com.old.jpg

And now here is where I'm at currently: http://www.ajgraves.com/

I really love what some of you have done with Atahualpa, it's amazing exactly how flexible this theme really is! I know for sure that I will immediately attempt an Atahualpa based solution to any future projects, and on existing ones I am going to begin evaluating making the transition.

Last edited by cajunman4life; Apr 27, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:41 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by egjweb
Thank you Sharon! For the menubar on www.catsaroundtheglobe.com I used div's in the style/edit header area (and styled them in the html/css inserts option of atahualpa) I'm using semi-transparent PNG files as background items for the menu. The topmenu is static, which means that you will have to put it in there yourself, instead of it being populated by wordpress. But im sure its doable to make it populate automatically, it wasnt worth the effort for me because those pages will stay the same.
Would it be too much to ask if you could share and example of your coding?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Quote:
Would it be too much to ask if you could share and example of your coding?
If you inspect the items with Firebug you can see the coding for @egjweb's site. That along with the explanation is a pretty complete description.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:11 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
If you inspect the items with Firebug you can see the coding for @egjweb's site. That along with the explanation is a pretty complete description.
For some reason, Firebug does not work well for me. I should probably try uninstalling and reinstalling. It pops all over the place, I cannot see where the coding is, it is hugely frustrating. I watch the how to videos and mine does not do anything like the simplicity of what they show.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Attached is a screenshot of what I see when I view the site in question. You can see how the code is clearly shown.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FirebugScreenshot.png
Views:	1340
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	1853  
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:25 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Thank you Larry! By messing around and trying to copy exactly your screenshot, I was able to see the coding. This is definitely a case of end user error (me)!
Old May 1, 2012, 04:17 AM
paul_williams

37 posts · Jun 2009
Wales, UK
Here's a recent Wordpress website I built for a local business...
http://www.clearcleanmaintain.com/
Old May 1, 2012, 04:11 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
A very nice site. A couple of points though...

On your map page, your map is very slow to load because it is over 600K and

1,024px × 972px (scaled to 493px × 468px) Tut tut tut!

You want to resize your map to 493 x 468. There are probably still lots of people on dial-up who will not want to wait until it downloads in slow increments.

Also your team photos are pretty fuzzy. Any way of sharpening them up?
Old May 3, 2012, 03:59 PM
asureman

2 posts · May 2012
Warning, may not be suitable for all tastes

porcelainpleasurz.com

Threw it together over night for a friend. Had to sign up to the forum to learn how to do a few things. Thanks guys.

Last edited by juggledad; May 3, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old May 3, 2012, 04:22 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Woot! You might have mentioned what kind of site it was. The "Group Photo" on the home page is hilarious. Reminds me of the Chinese clay warriors all lined up behind each other.
What I like is the neat gunge background and the nifty Twitter and Youtube buttons.

Where did you find those?
Old May 3, 2012, 04:36 PM
asureman

2 posts · May 2012
Found them on the internet ha think i googled "social networking icons" ill hook u up. I photoshopped them a bit but there you go.

another one i did is, www.wegrowaz.com also nsfw different topic tho
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-05-03 at 1.51.46 PM.png
Views:	1303
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1854  
Old May 4, 2012, 06:29 AM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
Hello,

I was running a private, non-profit magazine for music, games and hardware with some friends. We had startet this as a fanzine like 20 years ago and got eaten up by the running costs, so that we switched to an internet magazine in the late nineties.
The old page, still to be found at www.archiv.tribe-online.de was a pure html based page, as it was custom in that time. The design was made by another friend, and for each and every new review or story we had to manually layout the article with dreamweaver.

Sadly my friend that did the main layouting work, passed away this February after cancer, in his last will had asked me and the remaining other friend to continue with his work and to keep the magazine alive. We decided that we would not have enough time to keep doing all the time consuming layout and I opted for changing the page to CMS as I had started my own blog at www.hody.de a year earlier.
First I ended up buying some blank themes and figured I was not able to create the new site layout and all needed add-ons myself without help and facing a huge bill, when another friend pointed me to Atahualpa. He was doing the layout of a local bar www.walfisch-freiburg.de with it for which I am doing twitter and facebook. Soon I realized that Atahualpa was the way to do our new site layout and thanks to the help of the community in this forum and especially by juggledad and lmilesw I was able to finish this project successful. View my work at www.tribe-online.de

P.S.: Thanks you two guys, you really made it happen!
Old May 4, 2012, 11:55 AM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
A very nice, clean site, Hody. I must agree with you. Of all the websites I design, 99% of them use Atahualpa. The other members of this forum and particularly the moderators are endlessly helpful. I learn something new every day. Congratulations on all your hard work and I am very sorry for the loss of your friend.
Old May 5, 2012, 02:57 AM
shrewdgeek

26 posts · Oct 2011
Atahualpa is the best theme out there.
our tech blog runs on it.

http://shrewdgeek.com
Old May 5, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
Thanks for your kind words, was not sure if the design is appealing. How are loading times?