Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

WordPress Menus - How to Change the Background Color of the Current Page/Category

Old Nov 1, 2010, 03:19 PM
gomeetpete

1 posts · Nov 2010
Hello,
After hours and hours of scouring the forum and trying several different solutions, I am here to ask for your help.

Using the WordPress Menu system, I have created 5 custom links that are all linked to internal pages of my site. When someone is viewing one of these pages, I need the background "tab" color of the current page link to change to a color of my choice. This is for Menu 2, and not the very top menu (menu 1).

I know it's an easy concept, but for some reason I haven't been able to find the right css to make it work. Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Nov 1, 2010, 06:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is no incompatibility between atahualpa and the wordpress menus. Currently, when you choose to build your own menus, you are responsible for the styling. Currently some of the new classes that wordpress menus use are the same as the ones atahualpa has been using and the ones that are not can be addressed by defining your own CSS for them and adding that to the CSS inserts.

The new wordpress menus are very powerful and have the opportunity for some crazy things, like having pagea be the parent of pageb which is the parent of pagea - now if you are on pagea, both items in the menu will show with the same style. And what happens when you mix pages and categories and external links in the same menu, now should the page style be used or the category styles??

It can get messy...