Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Space between the header and sidebar.

Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:09 AM
RP_Joe

24 posts · Aug 2010
Philippines
Hello, first post!

I have a test site that I am working on with a space problem between the header and the sidebar.
You can see it here http://seoplannow.com/un-linked/problem_page1.jpg

I am using WP 3.01 and Atahualpa 3.5.3

I want the header to move down, so there is no gap.

Thank you.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:57 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Do you have a URL? I need to see the HTML and CSS.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 02:16 PM
RP_Joe

24 posts · Aug 2010
Philippines
Its on an internal server. I will have to move it out to the web. I will post when that is done.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 04:41 AM
RP_Joe

24 posts · Aug 2010
Philippines
Okay here it is: http://builder-website-design.com/joe2/
Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:39 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You are going to have to fiddle around with paddings and margins but here is a start. Try adding this to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts.
HTML Code:
div#imagecontainer {margin-bottom:-11px;}
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:21 AM
RP_Joe

24 posts · Aug 2010
Philippines
That worked great.
div#imagecontainer {margin-bottom:-27px;}

Now how do I move the sidebar over to the right?

Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:05 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You need to either adjust using CSS in ATO>Style & Configure sidebars or determine the selector for the sidebar and add some CSS in CSS Inserts to move it over. If you are not too familiar with CSS you should check out w3schools.com.

I'm not trying to put you off but this kind of styling can get finicky and the forum is really geared more towards quicker answers.

With that said the selector for the left sidebar as I determined pretty quickly using Firebug is td#left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_Joe
That worked great.
div#imagecontainer {margin-bottom:-27px;}

Now how do I move the sidebar over to the right?

Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 05:14 PM
RP_Joe

24 posts · Aug 2010
Philippines
Larry
I am very proficient in CSS. I am just a little new to Wordpress and ATO.
In fact I never seriously considered Wordpress until 3.0 . Many people say there is not much difference. There is a big difference in 3.0 in my opinion. Because it is a more professional product and this theme is so powerful, it is a game changer.

A Wordpress system and this theme or Thesis gives a designer many choices of a professional looking website to sell to the client. One of the major problems with a PHP CMS is they all look alike. Its like cookie cutter housing. But now that has all changed. We can change the look of this theme so much that they are not cookie cutters. The reason I mention Thesis is, two themes that are very flexible is about all we need. It gives us so many options.

There is a very strong argument that can be made to stay away from custom code.
You will see me more here. When some customers pay their bills I will be contributing financially.