Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Meta details not showing on Front Page

Old Jan 29, 2015, 09:22 AM
Brad1001

4 posts · Jan 2015
Hi All

The meta details are not showing on the Front Page (source code view)

I have BFA SEO enabled - a Static front page set and latest version of WP and Ataualpa 3.7.22

I have tried this without any plugins activated.

May I also add I have been using Atahualpa for a few years so this error is not caused by a lack understanding on my part.

All the best

Brad
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
works for me with the front page a static page or the blog page.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 04:27 PM
Brad1001

4 posts · Jan 2015
Hi Juggledad

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

I have tried on three separate installs, on different servers - and the results are all the same

On the front page no meta title or meta description is added to the pages source code.

Other pages do get the meta title but not the meta description.

On one site I also had Atahualpa 3.7.18 installed and changing to this version everything worked as expected

ATB
Brad
Old Jan 29, 2015, 07:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
export your ATA settings (ATO->Export/Import) and attach them to a reply (use the paper clip icon)
Old Jan 30, 2015, 02:18 AM
Brad1001

4 posts · Jan 2015
Hi Juggledad

Thank you for your reply - I have added my exported settings as per your request.

My only thought was - Are you using a copy of Atahualpa downloaded from the WP.org?

ATB

Brad

ata-juggledad-20150130.txt
Old Jan 30, 2015, 05:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
My only thought was - Are you using a copy of Atahualpa downloaded from the WP.org?
absolutely....only I was using 3716 I have about 5 copies installed at any one time.

There is a bug and you can get a patch from this thread

This should be fixed in the code for the next release.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 06:18 AM
Brad1001

4 posts · Jan 2015
Hi Juggledad

Thank you very much for solving this issue and for your on-going care of this forum.

May I make a suggestion with getting donations - Why not just add a donation link to your signature ? - I have spent 5 minutes clicking around and found no obvious way to make a donation - I found messages like "this page is not available to your user group!"

ATB
Brad
Old Jan 30, 2015, 08:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you click the "Click Here To DONATE!" link at teh top of the page you can use te donate to Juggledad button.

Glad the fix works for you.