Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Submenu dropdown covers rest of submenu - how do i get it to the right?

Old Feb 16, 2011, 03:04 AM
Friland

17 posts · Aug 2009
Hi

I just updated both Wordpress and the Atahualpa theme and my menu got a bit screwed.
Previously, i would have a submenu with a submenu to the right of it, indicated with a small black arrow. I know where to change the the color of the arrows.
Is there a way to make the dropdown submenu appear to the right of its parent, instead of putting itself above the parent (which makes the rest of that menu unreadalbe).
See attachment.

Thank you.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 03:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
No attachment
What are the versions?
What is the URL?
Attach your settings (ato->export/import settings)
Old Feb 16, 2011, 03:51 AM
Friland

17 posts · Aug 2009
I'll try to attach again.
I can't find the where to "(ato->export/import settings)".
I am using Atahualpa 3.4.1 and Wordpress 3.0.5 (Don't know where to see which versions I have updated from).
Url is: http://www.friland.org/wordpress/
and the problem is visible under the second menu "Andelsforeningen" at the "Menneskerne" button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2011-02-16 kl. 11.01.49.png
Views:	1292
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	1154  
Old Feb 16, 2011, 04:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
part of your problem is the versions conflict. Wordpress 3.0 introduced new classes in the menus and Atahualpa was not setup to work with them till 3.5.1 (if I remember right) and Atahualpa is not at 3.6.4.

I would recommend that you do a MANUAL upgrade of Atahualpa (see HOWTO: upgrade Atahualpa to a new version) and then see if you have the same issue.

Note: as of 3.6.0 some sites have an issue if Suhosin is installed as part of their PHP install. There is a get around by white listing 'bfa'. So if you get a blank page with Atahualpa 3.6.x or bunches of errors, check out this thread: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12262
Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:01 AM
Friland

17 posts · Aug 2009
is there a point to do a manual update now when I already have done an automatic update? if I have lost anything from the old version, it should be gone by now, right?
sorry to sound silly, but is there an easier way (maybe like installing a custom menu plugin) to get the submenus to show up correctly?

thanks again.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 07:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm talking about manually updating the THEME - you said you are running Atahualpa 3.4.1 while the current release is 3.6.4
Old Feb 19, 2011, 01:37 PM
Friland

17 posts · Aug 2009
Dear Juggledad - that was a heavy process for me (I am self taught at this stuff and far from an expert - but willing to learn and it worked perfectly!
Thank you very much.

Best,
Lukas