Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Very Strange Problem with List Category Post Plugin

Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:06 AM
adashofsass

8 posts · Mar 2009
Hi there,

I'm trying to create an index of my posts arranged by category on a single page. I attempted to use the Category Page (page2cat) plugin but I was unable to display multiple categories on a single page.

I installed the List Category Post Plugin and created a new class in the style.css with this code at the very bottom of the file:

HTML Code:
div.lcp_catlist {
	}
* I was rather unsure of where to insert the "lcp_catlist" that was called for by the plugin so if this is incorrect I would really appreciate it if you could let me know the proper place to put this info.

I have successfully inserted the shortcode [catlist id=60 orderby=title order=asc] for each category I want to display on my index (http://adashofsass.com/recipe-index/). Everything looks great ... EXCEPT every second time I click on the index I get a 500 Internal Server Error.

This is incredibly strange and beyond frustrating. I've had problems with plugins before but they generally either work or fail, they don't work half the time and fail the other half. Any suggestions or thoughts about how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
- Kate
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:00 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The CSS cannot cause a server error, does the error happen without the plugin? Does it happen with the plugin on, on the default theme?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 06:58 AM
adashofsass

8 posts · Mar 2009
Hi Flynn,

Thanks so much for responding. I stopped using the List Category Post plugin (deactivated and deleted the files) and went back to the plugin I was using originally (AZ Index) which had not caused me any major problems.

It turns out that this error message is showing up each time I click on a Page or a Post while already viewing that Page or Post (it is not specific to the page associated with the plugin). I am able to view the Page or Post just fine the first time I click on it, but when I click on the page a second time (or click on a link to the same post), the error message appears.

I am not sure when this started but I just noticed it because of my frequent refreshing of the Recipe Index Page to see how the new plugin was working.

This seems very strange. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
- Kate
http://adashofsass.com
Old Aug 28, 2009, 09:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you contacted the server administrator as the error suggests?