Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

IE and speed issues after move from 3.2 to 3.4.3

Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:31 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
When our site was running Atahualpa 3.2, the front page loaded in under 2 seconds. Now, using 3.4.3, it's way over that time, even with wp-cache running and CSS and Javascript set to external. Is there something different about 3.4 that leads to the slower load-time?

Also, we are still having the problem of the page menu bar in the header dropping down into the main content area, behind the Featured Content Gallery. This happens in MSIE, versions 7 and 8. Any ideas of how to fix that?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 01:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
About the first issue, your going to have to wait for Flynn to get back on that. I know here have been lots of changes to the code, but I can't guess what might be an issue.

As for the second, I'm not sure what you mean. The only thing I notice is the menubar seems to be that after the 'more Features' menu item, the gray bar gets a little smaller. Is that what you are talking about (but I see that in both Safari and IE8)
Old Oct 6, 2009, 01:18 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Yes, the cat menu bar does look weird. I can't figure that out either.

No, the Page menu bar, above the cat menu, shows up out of the header entirely, BEHIND the Featured Content Gallery, with just its right and left ends poking out. Only in MSIE. You don't see that?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 01:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
No I see if fine. The page looks just like in Safari (I am running IE8 in XP in Parallels on my macbook)
Old Oct 6, 2009, 01:33 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Gee, thanks. Odd! Maybe the gremlins fixed something for a change.