Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Splash Widget?

Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:48 AM
marineceo

18 posts · Oct 2009
Hello all,

I wish to pose an interesting question. Some web sites are more graphically driven than content or resource driven. I have been trying to marry the two concepts because of our target audience. We want to provide immediate and relevant information but stimulate visually at the same time.

Many of the graphic types use a splash page which most web users do not like because it makes them wait.

I actually made one that I am not using but would love to figure out how to make a splash widget.

In other words, make a widget which appears for 10 seconds in my header area and then refresh to my current header widgets.

Take a look at my site and see my two header widget areas www.societypagemag.com
and check out the splash page at www.societypagemag.com/splash

Anybody have any ideas?

Chuck