Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Css Inserts not working??

Old Dec 30, 2009, 04:06 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
I've worked a lot in atahualpa, this week doing a design with 3.4 & Wordpress 2.8.6 - in the past, if I wanted to style text in the sidebars specifically, I'd do something like this with the "text" widget:

HTML Code:
<p class="contact">Contact us Today! We're Open Seven Days a Week!</p>
Then I'd add an insert:

HTML Code:
/* contact us */
.contact {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif;
font-size: 14px;
font-weight: bold;
color: #ffffff;
}
I'm using a fresh unzip of the theme and a new install of wordpress - none of my css inserts seem to be "taking" in the sidebars; on my left column I ended up putting the styling in the ata options/sidebars styling section - I can't globally style the right side like that, too much other stuff going there - anything changed with ATA lately that affects this?

The URL is http://bridgestexas.com/wordpress - for now this is just an experiment to see how closely I can match the look of an HTML site with WP, not much actual content there.

Thanks all - MC
Old Jan 5, 2010, 08:24 AM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Anyone have any ideas????
Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:04 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
A couple of things. First I would probably update to the latest version of WordPress. Not that that is the issue but a lot of good things happened in 2.9. Also have you tried using the Advanced Text Widget plugin? Not sure why is previously worked for you.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) upgrade to 3.4.4 (http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=81)
2) I don't see your example in the generated page at all
3) go to ATO->Configure CSS & JS and set 'Configure CSS & JS' to 'inline' and 'CSS: Compress?' to 'no'
while your testing - makes it easier for someone to see what is going on