Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Can't remove sub-pages

Old Mar 21, 2009, 09:58 PM
Webbstre

3 posts · Mar 2009
Hello all, this is my first post here, but Atahualpa has been great to my site so far so I haven't needed help yet. I decided to add a media gallery to my site, with each gallery featuring a separate subpage that has the DM Album plug-in used. My only problem is that I only want the Media Gallery link to show up on my menu, and none of the sub-pages. I have tried putting the page ID in the "Exclude Pages from Menu bar" and reducing the "Depth of Page Menu Bar" to 1, but neither has helped.

You can see the problem on the top left menu on my site: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com . I only want Media Gallery to show up, and not "The Early Days".

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

P.S. While I am asking, is there any way to get rid of those bullet point blocks on all the menus?
Old Mar 23, 2009, 05:22 AM
hammia

1 posts · Mar 2009
Hi,

I came here to ask about the same problem you are having... my category menu will not display the way I want it (only to show top cats and hide those below) so I can't help with your main question, but I think the answer to your second question is to leave the bullet points in the code but change their colour to match the colour of the background.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 02:44 AM
Webbstre

3 posts · Mar 2009
So... three weeks and no one has an answer for this? I'm a little disappointed
Old Apr 11, 2009, 06:11 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You're using the default category widget for sidebars there. That is not controlled by the theme. Atahualpa "category menu bar" settings are all for the horizontal category menu bar. For widgets that you put into a sidebar it's always a good idea to search for an improved version of the default widget at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...e/2?q=category

I found this one for instance. It lets you exclude categories http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...gories-widget/
Old Apr 11, 2009, 06:22 PM
Webbstre

3 posts · Mar 2009
Thank you very much, I didn't even realize I was using a different menu.