Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Featured Image Now Not Working On Any New Posts After Upgrade

Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:36 PM
anpbaystate

2 posts · Sep 2011
I updated to version 3.7.3 of the Atahualpa Theme on Wednesday the 18th of January. Since that date I am unable to include a Featured Image in a Category View of my Posts.

So in creating a new Post I can:

1. Create and add a new post
2. Assign the post to a category
3. Add or assign Tags to this new post
4. View the post with all text and images being displayed properly

Here is the new problem that I have run into when finalizing the Post:

1. I can click the link for Set A Featured Image
2. This brings up the pop-up page where I can then select an image, from the Gallery in this case, for this post to be used as a Featured Image
3. I then click on the words Use As Feature Image which then after a few seconds causes the Use As A Featured Image to fade to the left and then displays Done
4. I click on Save Changes - so far so good just like the hundreds of post I have done for the last year.

So after doing the four steps above I then look at the post while still in the Edit Mode and there is no Featured Image displayed at the bottom of the screen under the Tags section like there normally was. Also The Set A Featured Image words hyperlink is no longer a link. I have to update my post as is and then it becomes a link again to Set A Featured Image. However by repeating the steps above I still can not have a Featured Image in new posts that I have created since the update on Wednesday.

The other couple of hundred of posts that I had done prior to the update still display the Featured Image in the category views on the blog. The only post that does not show one is the latest one that I created.

All images are displaying on the post itself fine. Everything else seems to be okay as well.

I have spent the last two days going through the threads here as well as on other sites trying to see if there was something in WordPress or this Theme that I needed to change.

Anyway if anyone has any ideas or thoughts it would be most appreciated.

I use WordPress 3.3.1 and am on Atahualpa version 3.7.3

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try disabling all your plugins and see if it changes.
I just tested and teh featured images works for me.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:22 PM
anpbaystate

2 posts · Sep 2011
Juggledad you are a gentleman and a scholar. I started deactivating my plugins and testing my blog and it turned out to be the Twitter Widget Pro that was causing the problem which was surprising since it was a updated version of it.

Thank you, thank you very much!