Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Styling "Comments are closed"

Old Apr 13, 2011, 04:19 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Styling "Comments are closed"

Hi all, I did a search but only found how to remove "Comments are closed". I would like to retain the words but be able to style them to match the rest of the text in that line (that lists categories the post is included in).
Currently on a page that lists all posts in a category, "Comments are closed" is bold on each post extract, I'd like to remove that attribute.

Example category page

On the page of the post alone, the "Comments are closed" (at the bottom of post) is not bold, and not uppercase.

Atahualpa 3.4.9,
thanks in advance
Old Apr 13, 2011, 04:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Look at the source, find the element, use it's ID or CLASS to create a CSS selector ant rule and put them in the CSS Inserts
Old Apr 13, 2011, 05:06 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Hmm, thanks Juggledad,
I was able to add to CSS inserts

Quote:
div.post-footer {
font-weight: normal;
text-transform: uppercase;
}
but "Comments are closed" was still bold. I did some googling and found the CSS rule to lighten and added !important and finally was unbold. Not ideal, but normal, even with !important did nothing.

This will do me,

Quote:
div.post-footer {
font-weight: lighter !important;
text-transform: uppercase;
}
thanks again.

Last edited by Jam; Apr 13, 2011 at 05:10 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 05:08 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Update from jasonb (PM'd to me as Post was Closed)

Quote:
I came across your post because I had exactly the same problem. However, I found the proper solution.

The issue is that the Atahualpa theme doesn't allow this to be styled, except with the quasi-"shotgun" approach that you came up with. Rather, it forces the bold on you in the php code itself. But it's easily fixed.

Edit functions/bfa_postinfo.php and make the following change around line 323:

Before
Code:

if (!comments_open() ) {
if ($post->comment_count == 0) {
$comment_link = '<strong>' . $comment_matches[8] . '</strong>';
} else {
$comment_link = $comment_link . ' - <strong>(' . $comment_matches[8] . ')</strong>';
}

After
Code:

if (!comments_open() ) {
if ($post->comment_count == 0) {
$comment_link = $comment_matches[8];
} else {
$comment_link = $comment_link . ' - (' . $comment_matches[8] . ')';
}

That's the correct fix. (In my case I also removed the "- ()" in the second section - so I can manually add it to my comments closed text if I want it.)

You could also replace the original <strong> with <div name="comments-closed"> so that you could properly style it back in the HTML/CSS Inserts section in case you wanted more control.

If you could reopen your thread and post this there for others that would be great.

Last edited by Jam; Jun 11, 2011 at 05:11 AM.