Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Title of Pages in the left sidebar

Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:50 AM
lucien

3 posts · Feb 2010
Hi All,

First post here, I'm a WP beginner and I try to customize Atahualpa a bit...

I managed to have my WP Atahualpa display a left sidebar and the center column. I use only static pages. I would like to use the left sidebar to display the name of my static pages instead of having them on the top of the center column.

Any suggestions on how to achieve that ?

Thx in advance
Old Feb 16, 2010, 03:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
add the PAGES widget to the sidebar

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 16, 2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 05:12 PM
lucien

3 posts · Feb 2010
I don't want to show my pages on the left sidebar but i want to show the title of the current static page : let's say somebody click "About Us" on the page menu bar, then i would like the text "About Us" to be displayed on the left sidebar.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 05:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
add a php widget (check out 'Samsarin PHP Widget' ) then add in '<?php wp_title( ); ?>'
you can read about this at http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_title
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:02 PM
lucien

3 posts · Feb 2010
I've installed Samsarin and put the code <?php wp_title( ); ?> in it but it did not display anything, it was blank.
However this code <?php bfa_post_headline(); ?> produced the expected result. I got this code from another guy's thread: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4130 with you helping out.
I just copied the code, I don't really understand it.

Last edited by lucien; Feb 16, 2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 05:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
There is a slight difference in how the functions work.

The code '<?php bfa_post_headline(); ?>' will give you the POST title in a page with a post, and the page title on a 'PAGE' page
The code '<?php wp_title( ); ?>' will only give you the PAGE title. (except on the front page)

When displaying a category page, you will see the category name when using '<?php wp_title( ); ?>' and the first post title when using the other code.

Glad you found the other post and have you issue resolved.