Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Changelog 3.4.4 -> 3.4.5

Old Sep 29, 2009, 05:34 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Changelog 3.4.4 -> 3.4.5

3.4.5 can be downloaded here: http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=82

All other open issues moved to http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5279

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 9, 2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:06 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Quote:
Add PHP code support for HTML/CSS Inserts
YES!!!

If I have 3.4.3 running nicely, is there much point to switching to 3.4.4, since I've solved the issues it fixed? Or should I just wait until 3.4.5?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 08:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you have a setup working, I think you can wait
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:02 PM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
I think the coolest possible addition would the option to have a layout like this one: http://www.wolf-howl.com/

Shows featured articles at top then summary of latest posts in boxes, I don't think Atahualpa has this kind of functioning. Not sure how hard this would be to implement, but it would be gnarly. Would be a nice change up over having latest blog entries only in list form.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 05:18 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
This is essentially what I'm doing with Atahualpa and plugins. At one time I did have thumbnails showing in post summaries, but that was causing long loadtimes because the plugin for that, Thumbnails for Excerpts, just serves a scaled-down thumbnail of the same filesize as the original.

http://www.larchmontgazette.com
Old Oct 8, 2009, 08:19 PM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
oh cool, what plugins are you currently using?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:26 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by adum
I think the coolest possible addition would the option to have a layout like this one: http://www.wolf-howl.com/.

How did you build your layout? I've widgetized the homepage for http://theagnonschool.org, but I'm worried that when it's time to turn the maintenance over to the client, the widget boxes will be too confusing.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 09:32 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhanft
How did you build your layout? I've widgetized the homepage for http://theagnonschool.org, but I'm worried that when it's time to turn the maintenance over to the client, the widget boxes will be too confusing.
!מצוין

I really like what you've done with all those widget areas.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:03 AM
AmpLiF1eR

6 posts · Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by adum
I think the coolest possible addition would the option to have a layout like this one: http://www.wolf-howl.com/

Shows featured articles at top then summary of latest posts in boxes, I don't think Atahualpa has this kind of functioning. Not sure how hard this would be to implement, but it would be gnarly. Would be a nice change up over having latest blog entries only in list form.
I see multiple excerpts next to each other, that's what most premium themes offer, I hope to see that as an option as well in atahualpa. There are free themes that has this option already, but they all s...
Besides that, I'm using Pixel now because I like dark themes without needing education to change atahualpa to black. If Atahualpa would have the option to change to black, I would have changed back to atahualpa yesterday.

But right now, it's one of the best free themes on the planet so keep up the good work.

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 14, 2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 12:44 PM
aki

9 posts · Jun 2009
Hello,
Thank you for all, do you mean add in the header a link area ?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 05:57 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Flynn, a small or maybe not so small problem in the new widget addition area:
Quote:
Usage
The code to create new widget areas is a PHP function with parameters:
<?php bfa_widget_area('parameter=value&paramater=value&p aramater=value'); ?>
Min. required paramaters
"Paramaters" should be "parameters" in all instances. This is in 3.4.4.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 06:15 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Flynn, another issue that I consider a bug, even though it could be a feature if it were done right:

In 3.4.4, the new Atahualpa post options fields under the main editing box have these fields first:
Body Title Single Pages
Body Title Multi Post Pages

They get populated with the post title, or not as you choose. However, if you edit the post title later on, those fields do not get changed along with the main post title. And the title on the front page and single and multi-post pages remain the way it was originally, not picking up the edit. This is a real problem, requiring extra work, and it's easy to forget to scroll down and change those 2 fields. Our volunteer reporters already have a lot to think about, and this just confuses them.

I would rather have the option to not even have those fields appear, or at least make sure the title fields get changed when the main title is changed.

Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 08:16 AM
gomer

19 posts · Oct 2009
OH, USA
I am new to ATA, have barely plumbed its depths, and truly enjoy the ease with which one can adjust the various theme settings.

In fact, ATA encourages one to make adjustments. And, while I like to tweak/tinker as much as the next, my feature wish extends this idea. Perhaps this has been requested already, I did not look. I would like the ability to save/reuse multiple theme configurations. The mechanism would look like one used on many theme demo sites, except available on admin side only; a drop-down with a list of saved themes. One just chooses another to have ATA switch to new settings. An example would be Christmas, Halloween, or New Year. Each configuration would have different color schemes or sidebar widths. That sort of thing.

My reason is b/c I prefer to vary my theme appearance with seasons, holidays, whatever. A feature supporting this functionality would save a lot of repetitive settings entry (and attendant mistakes) and encourage more use of the theme. Surely, it would also generate more forum discussions.

While this request appears to dovetail the export feature noted above, my request is for the settings to be available within ATO, not achieved using an export/import mechanism.

thanks for listening.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 07:46 AM
Gravity

34 posts · Sep 2009
Please fix the "need to click 'save' on all settings before MySQL queries goes down" behaviour.
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showpos...3&postcount=14
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:55 PM
js9600

29 posts · Dec 2008
A little change is perhaps needed in bfa_sociable2.php since new version of Sociable allow custom directory for images. Is forced to images folder under plugin in 3.4.4.

Code:
$imagepath = get_option('sociable_imagedir');
	if ($imagepath == "")
		$imagepath = $sociablepluginpath.'images/';
is how they fix this in plugin. Guess something similar should done instead of
Code:
$imagepath = $sociablepluginpath.'images/';
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:54 PM
jhoff

3 posts · Dec 2009
Are you planning to fix comment input UI not showing up on "pages"?
Old Dec 22, 2009, 01:09 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Atahualpa 3.4.4 is working fine on two sites I've upgraded to WP 2.9. I have not yet upgraded my main news site. Still waiting to see if there are big problems cropping up. I'm watching the WP forums.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 08:59 AM
Kreacher

5 posts · Dec 2009
I like the theme, but WordPress 2.9 broke the rss widget. Also, the Dashboard Incoming Links is broken. my sites are "store.countystation.com" and "international.countystation.com". Both hosted and WP installed by GoDaddy. I've removed the rss widgets I was using, but would like to put them back when an update of the Atahualpa theme is ready and the issues fixed.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 09:05 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Go to the wordpress.org forums and check out GoDaddy and 1and1 hosting issues with 2.9.