Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Text doesn't wrap around iframe

Old Feb 9, 2011, 07:32 PM
ItalDave

4 posts · Feb 2011
Hi averybody again,
it seems that the simplest things is the hardest for me: I placed a google map iframe inside a page but I can't figure out how to make the text wrap around it.
I used the Gmapsmania plugin following these steps:
1. I put the iframe code into a "new custom field"
2. I put the name of the custom field ([gmap]) inside the page.

This is the result into the wordpress html editor:

Code:
[gmap]<p style="clear:none"> Per qualunque informazione....</p>
and this is the direct link

The problem is that the text isn't wrapping around the map but instead it begins at the very end!

I've added a
Code:
float="left"
property into the iframe code, thus it becames
Code:
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" float ="left"  scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.it/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=it&amp;geocode=&amp;q=via+omboni+8+milano&amp;aq=&amp;sll=41.442726,12.392578&amp;sspn=17.143848,39.506836&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Via+Giovanni+Omboni,+8,+20129+Milano,+Lombardia&amp;ll=45.477005,9.209649&amp;spn=0.007839,0.01929&amp;z=14&amp;iwloc=A&amp;output=embed"></iframe>
I've also placed the text within a <p> tag with the property style="clear:none" fearing that wordpress css would have some rule already set, like p {clear:both;}.

In the end I'm still facing the same problem....the text would hypen!

Last edited by ItalDave; Feb 11, 2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: I'm not an english mothertongue...it was late at night...this combination made my post incomprehensible! I hope now is better