Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

I think I need a fresh dld of TF

Old Mar 27, 2010, 08:41 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
When I attempted to install it on WP2.9.2 (a manual WP, not via cPanel) I am getting this error.

Quote:
Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.
Name Description
themeframe Stylesheet is missing.
Or is there some other issue? And the TF is also a manual installation.

Where can I get a fresh copy, please?

Last edited by joe hark; Mar 27, 2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: add a sentence
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:11 PM
DavePorter

130 posts · Mar 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Hi Joe,

TF is not a theme !
It is a PHP/JS program that sits in your WP installation area and creates themes for you.
Once they are created you then place them in you normal Theme location.

See installation details here:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5090

ps If Flynn or Juggledad see this, can there please be an easier way to find the installation thread. If I came in now rather than at the beginning I would get very frustrated. There needs to be a sticky thread detailing introduction & installation information (& repeated in a readme.txt in the download) !

cheers Dave Porter
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:17 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
I realize now that you are correct. I had read the installation instructions two or three days ago when I took the download - and by the time I tried installing it, I'd totally forgotten the point.

There is a link to them in the download.

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5679

Thanks for the response.

Last edited by joe hark; Mar 27, 2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:55 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
a quibble with the instructions. They say:

Quote:
Upload the whole /themeframe-css/ directory into the root directory
Better language would be

Quote:
Upload the whole /themeframe-css/ folder (not just the contents) into the root directory
I'm about to discover the consequences of upload the contents (but not the folder) to root. Actually, I already know. When you go to the site, you get the TF login prompt, not the site.

ARRRRGGHHH!

UPDATE A FEW MINUTES LATER

If you repeat my dumb mistake and fail to upload the FOLDER, the contents upload will overwrite the WP default index.php with the TF index.php. Then, when you use your FTP client to create the TF folder and move the uploads into it (hint: they will all show the same date and time on which you did the upload so they are easy to recognize) into the newly created TF folder, you will have to go back to your local copy of WP index.php and reinstall it in root.

Once you do that, things will be normal. (phew!!)

Last edited by joe hark; Mar 27, 2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:34 PM
DavePorter

130 posts · Mar 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Hi Joe,

Glad you got it going !

Did your FTP program not default to confirming the overwriting of the index.php file ?

Clearly something new being installed would never overwrite an existing file!

cheers Dave
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:22 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
I have my FTP client (FlashFXP) configured to prompt me before overwriting on uploads. Downloads are never an issue because I always create a new empty folder, so there are no overwites.

As I uploaded, the prompt came up. My thought process (let's be kind and call it that) went along the lines of, "Oh, TF has it's own index.php that replaces the WP default. How interesting." And then I clicked overwrite.

As my excuse, please keep in mind I was in the mode of following the instruction that did not say, "upload the entire folder, not just the contents."

That's my story . . . and I'm stickin' to it.

TF is going to be a steep learning curve for me. I don't know how some old people do it. Were I not still young, it would be difficult or even impossible. But in about 24 hours from now, on March 30, I will be only 77 years old. Lots a time left before the mind starts to go. Lots a time.

Right now I gotta go find my reading glasses. Whassat? My head? What's on my head? The glasses? What glasses?

Last edited by joe hark; Mar 27, 2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:20 PM
rove

85 posts · Jun 2009
Phoenix, Oregon
Actually, I don't know why there isn't a link to the TF wiki yet. Altho it only contains installation instructions at the moment, I thought the instructions are presented well there.

[Once Dave found it, I had to search for it too... it took me a couple weeks tho.] I know it is not complete, but it is still helpful for the installation.... making it public might help us newbies and oldsters.

Now... where did my glasses go???

Rob
Old Mar 28, 2010, 05:21 PM
DavePorter

130 posts · Mar 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks for reminding me Rove....

I'd forgotten I'd found it

Now where did my brain go ?

cheers Dave