Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] body background - setting image & color

Old Mar 9, 2010, 06:50 PM
soni

24 posts · Mar 2010
I am using Atahualpa3.4.6 with WordPress 2.9.2. I would like to use a background image in the theme folder. I went to WP - Atahualpa Theme options -Overall style & Config - Body,Text & Links, Body Style page and replaced the default (font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif to below...

font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif; background: url(/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa346/images/backgr.gif) repeat top left;
font-size: 0.8em;

....but, the background of the body remained white color... and backgr.gif is not loaded.

I also tried changing the default to:

font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.8em; color: #000000; background: #CCCCCC;

....but, the background color did not change to grey (#CCCCC), but remained white.

Please let me know how I can set the image and color for the background of the body.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is your URL?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:04 PM
soni

24 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks for reading my post and replying. I am testing the theme on my local drive and do not have URL to share with you. Hope you would still be able to help me. Thanks, Soni
Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try putting in the full url path. on your local server it will be something like http://192.168.1.50/....../wordpress...ges/backgr.gif
the '......' represents any intermediate path to the site. On my mac it would be
http://192.168.1.50/~juggledad/mysit...ges/backgr.gif
Old Mar 13, 2010, 05:36 PM
soni

24 posts · Mar 2010
I got the default backgr.gif image to show up.

Now, I want to add my own image... In WP Athualpa options panel, Body style - I added the tag - background: url(/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa346/images/mybackgr.gif) no repeat top left;... My background image does not show. But, if I get rid of "no repeat", my background image shows up, but it repeats... Please let me know how I can add my own image and let it not repeat.

Also, I want to make the center column area to have a background color of #ffffff (right now it is transparent, and the background pattern/image shows through).

I also want to change the font/text size of center column - page title. Please let me know how.

Thanks, Soni
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Also, I want to make the center column area to have a background color of #ffffff (right now it is transparent, and the background pattern/image shows through).
see 'Style & edit CENTER COLUMN'
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
no repeat needs to be no-repeat
Old Mar 16, 2010, 02:23 PM
soni

24 posts · Mar 2010
juggledad & lmilesw (Larry) - Thanks for your help; "no-repeat" suggestion worked and I was able to background color for center column.

Now, I just need to figure out how to change the font/text size of center column - page title. Please let me know how.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 02:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Perhaps "Style POSTS & PAGES"
Old Mar 16, 2010, 02:35 PM
soni

24 posts · Mar 2010
How can I fixed the background image, so that it stays where it is and not move up when one clicks on the scrolls bars and the content area (body/texts) scrolls/moves up?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 02:41 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
At the end of the background image link you have to add fixed as in the following.
HTML Code:
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa346/images/gradientblue.jpg) repeat-x top left fixed;
Old Mar 16, 2010, 02:55 PM
soni

24 posts · Mar 2010
Larry,
Thanks!! Your suggestions all worked great; you helped me to change the page title and set the background image just the way I want it. I am happy! Soni