Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Separate "home" page and "blog" page

Old May 2, 2010, 06:03 PM
jasonnorco

2 posts · May 2010
I am sure this is easy and I am just overlooking something, but I just started configuring atahualpa a few days ago.

For my page menus, I have -

|home| |about| |contact us| |history| etc etc.

When someone goes to my webpage, I want them to hit a static "home" page. This is easy enough to set up, but, I have not found out how to create a separate "blog" page that actually displays the running blog entries.

What I want is -

|home| |about| |contact us| |history| |blog| etc etc.

I can create a page called Blog and have it show up in the Page Menu bar in the correct location, but how do I get this "blog" page to actually display my posts?

Hopefully that makes sense and I am just overlooking a quick check box.

Thank you for any help.

Jason
Old May 2, 2010, 06:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this is a WordPress issue, nothing to do with the theme, go look at the settings at dashboard->settings->general
Old May 3, 2010, 01:04 PM
jasonnorco

2 posts · May 2010
Will do, thank you much
Old May 5, 2010, 04:47 PM
MCNX

9 posts · Jul 2009
Sydney, Australia
This link may have the info you are looking for:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

Alex
Old Jul 18, 2010, 01:53 PM
Xxyzzy

2 posts · Jul 2010
Alex at MSNX refers to a useful description for creating a front page:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

One side effect of creating a static front page in some themes is that two "Home" menus appear. In Atahualpa there is a way to get rid of two "home" menus. Go to:

Atahualp theme options / Header area / Page menu bar / Home link in Page Menu Bar

Leave this field blank. If it says "Home" then an extra Home menu will appear.

James

If you liked this advice then do some random act of kindness in public.