Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Background in sidebar only shows on front page

Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:56 PM
tkeller

14 posts · Jun 2009
This site:
http://ceaselesswind.com/
uses 2 .gif images as a backgrounds on the right and left sidebars using this code:
padding: 6px 6px 6px 6px;
background: url(./wp-content/themes/atahualpa351/images/cw_sidebar200_grad_new.gif);
background-repeat:repeat-y;

Why do the backgrounds disappear on all other pages like the blog page?

The front page is set as static page.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:15 PM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
I've had that happen before too. I usually find that if I put the full url of the image it works on all the pages. (so with the http:// etc.)

Hopefully that works for you too.

Warmly,

Velma
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:17 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try using this instead
HTML Code:
padding: 6px;
background: url(./wp-content/themes/atahualpa351/images/cw_sidebar200_grad_new.gif) repeat-y;
Or this
HTML Code:
padding: 6px;
background-image: url(./wp-content/themes/atahualpa351/images/cw_sidebar200_grad_new.gif);
background-repeat:repeat-y;
If you your padding is the same on all four sides you only need to enter it once. The way you had it wasn't wrong and wasn't causing a problem but I wanted to add that info.

The background line you used of for shorthand so I added the repeat after the line. In the second example I used the background image selector and then you can use the background-repeat.

Let me know if this works.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:31 AM
tkeller

14 posts · Jun 2009
The full url worked thanks! I thanks for the CSS code trick.