Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page menu appears underneath page content in IE - please help

Old Mar 1, 2010, 03:27 PM
deuxetoiles

44 posts · Dec 2009
Hi Everyone!

I can't reproduce this issue in Firefox of Safari for Mac, but my client is seeing this problem on her Windows machine in IE.

The page menus are dropping down underneath the page content on her front page. More specifically, there is an embedded YouTube video on that page which overlaps the page menus as they drop down.

The page in question is here: http://catewhite.com/wordpress/

Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

Can anyone suggest a way to solve it?

Thanks!

- Amy

Atahualpa 3.4.4
WordPress 2.9.2

Last edited by deuxetoiles; Sep 21, 2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 04:07 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just a shot but try adding wmode="opaque" to the embed tag for the YouTube video
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:50 PM
KoenD

1 posts · Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxetoiles
Hi Everyone!

I can't reproduce this issue in Firefox of Safari for Mac, but my client is seeing this problem on her Windows machine in IE.

<cut>

Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

Can anyone suggest a way to solve it?

Thanks!

- Amy

Atahualpa 3.4.4
WordPress 2.9.2
Hi,
I have the same problem, my drop down menu is hiding behind a photo gallery.
Not on Mac, only IE. Did you find a solution yet?

Regards,
Old Apr 29, 2010, 08:53 PM
deuxetoiles

44 posts · Dec 2009
Ah yes, I did. I had to add a bit to the code. The solution is here:
http://www.slikinteractive.com/2009/...htboxthickbox/

I'm copying it here for perpetuity.
Add the following code after the Object tag
Code:
<param name="WMode" value="transparent"></param>
And add the following code just before the type=”application/x-shockwave-flash”
Code:
wmode="transparent"
Together it should look something like this:

Code:
<object width="300" height="220"><param name="WMode" value="transparent"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NnMgg4nygSY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
<embed wmode="transparent" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NnMgg4nygSY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="300" height="220"></embed></object>
Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:19 AM
berkleegrad

19 posts · Mar 2010
Yup - solved my problem - great forum - great theme - great support